Who are we?
Our mission is simple.... Be the best lender to Agriculture. In order to deliver on that statement, we have the best people working for us. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, with offices throughout California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada and Oklahoma, we have been serving all segments of the agricultural business for over 100 years!
Benefits offered by American AgCredit:
• Commitment to agriculture and our communities we serve
• Family friendly work environment
• Investment in employee growth, development and training
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
• Outstanding 401k - up to 9% matching!
• Generous Vacation Leave (starting at 15 days)
• 15 Paid Sick Days
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Competitive Incentive Compensation Plan
• Disability & Life Insurance
• Employee fitness and wellness benefits.
• Complimentary Pop/Cappuccino/Coffee and Snacks!
We are looking for: Corporate Loan Accountant II for our Santa Rosa Headquarters!
The Corporate Loan Accountant II performs a variety of intermediate to advanced specialized loan accounting functions that include recording new loans and modifications to existing loans, loan maintenance transactions, loan advances and repayments, and loan fees/costs. The incumbent has knowledge of general accounting principles that can be applied to assigned tasks. He/she works independently and provides accurate and timely responses to inquiries from both customers and Association credit staff.
1. Records new loans, renewal loans, and a variety of other loan modifications to the loan accounting system after reviewing the loan origination system, loan documents, and boarding sheets for terms, conditions and controls.
2. Processes loan maintenance items in the loan accounting system that include billing adjustments, commitment adjustments, and classification changes.
3. Performs non-routine transactions such as non-accrual accounting and FarmerMac reporting.
4. Assists with reporting, balancing and audit preparation.
5. Ability to work on project teams and system testing.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Business or accounting degree preferred. An equivalent amount of general accounting experience or loan accounting experience may be substituted for this academic background.
2. At least 3 years general accounting experience or equivalent. Loan accounting experience preferred.
3. Proficient in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
4. Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Proficient in the use of automated accounting software applications, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and email.
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and work in a typical office setting. Employee will be sitting for extended periods of time and accomplishing work at a desk and work at a computer for an extended period of time. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in performance of the job. Some lifting and moving of items up to 25 pounds required. Work during established business hours and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.