We're looking for an Appraiser/Senior Appraiser to join the team in either the Stockton, CA, Merced, CA or Turlock, CA office!
Ideal candidates will be a licensed appraiser with experience in agriculture real estate appraisals including irrigated crop land, a wide variety of permanent plantings including almonds, walnuts, and vineyards, and potentially some wineries. We have flexibility to bring on a Senior Appraiser for candidates with more experience. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, with preference to those candidates with experience as described above.
Who is American AgCredit?
Our mission is simple… Be the best lender to Agriculture. In order to deliver on that statement, we have the best people working for us. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, with offices throughout California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada and Oklahoma, we have been serving all segments of the agricultural business for over 100 years!
Benefits offered by American AgCredit:
- Commitment to agriculture and our communities we serve
- Family friendly work environment Investment in employee growth, development and training
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Outstanding 401k – up to 9% matching!
- Generous Vacation Leave (starting at 15 days)
- 15 Paid Sick Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Incentive Compensation Plan
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee fitness and wellness benefits.
- Free Soda, Coffee and Snacks!
An Appraiser/Senior Appraiser is a licensed state Certified General appraiser. This role is a generalist building on experience gained during the licensing period and is responsible for performing functions required to provide accurate appraisals of real property and, in some cases, personal property (chattel) of increased and varied complexity. Real Estate Valuations may include: valuing land with varying water rights, lands in transition, permanent plantings, recreational properties and assisting on large complex appraisal assignments including facility appraisals.
• Prepares real estate appraisals on selected loans completing increasingly complex real estate assignments that may involve pledged collateral for large or complex loans.
• Assists senior staff in developing real estate appraisals on large complex valuations. Completes appraisals under delegated authority or under the supervision of a senior staff member.
• Collects sales information from a variety of sources. This may include county websites, MLS and realtor websites. Has established relationships with realtors and others in order to obtain documentation and verification of the sales and other market data.
• Prepares appraisals for outside fee customers.
• Responds to Association staff or others by providing written and verbal information about appraisal programs and projects.
• Effectively works with customers and other Association employees. Responds independently to requests for information and assistance.
• Application of approved appraisal techniques and analysis of complex agricultural operations is necessary.
• Completes appraisals outside the region as directed.
• Initiate written and telephone communications to obtain information and related documents.
• Perform other duties assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or other related field is preferred and required for state licensing.
• Must have obtained a Certified General Appraiser License or be in the process of obtaining, and is in compliance with the continuing education requirements for certification as established by the Appraisal Foundation and approved by the appropriate state appraisal boards.
• Have or encouraged to be working towards acquiring professional appraisal designation by a national appraisal society recognized by the Appraisal Foundation (ARA or MAI preferred).
• Have greater than 3 years real estate appraisal experience.
• Moderate level of travel in performance of job.
• Ability to work well with employees at all levels; exercise initiative; convey ideas clearly; make sound appraisal decisions.
• Ability to communicate/coordinate effectively with all levels of management throughout AAC. Ability to work harmoniously with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to generate highly accurate work.
• Must be proficient in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional persuasive and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in the use of PC, including e-mail, word processing and electronic spreadsheet software.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and work in a typical office setting. Employee will be sitting for extended periods of time and accomplishing work at a desk and work at a computer for an extended period of time. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in performance of the job. Some lifting and moving of items up to 50 pounds required. In the course of conducting inspections, must have the ability to walk ½ mile, navigate steep terrain and/or construction sites and safely cross fences. Work during established business hours and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Other physical activities may include: Adjusting, balancing, climbing, connecting, crawling, crouching, digging, feeling, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, operating, pulling pushing reaching reading repetitive motions, standing, stooping, talking, walking, writing, measuring, physical observation, and driving.